FerroSens offers a method to screen for iron deficiency at the point of care, which is
After several years of extensive research and development, clinical studies on close to 1.000 participants showed the high reliability and accuracy of the newly developed non-invasive measurement technique. This was the right time for the foundation of FerroSens GmbH, who launched FIDscreen, the first non-invasive point-of-care testing device fulfilling the WHO’s requirements.
FIDscreen enables wide-spread screening for iron deficiency through its simple and fast non-invasive method without the need for blood withdrawal. In this way, FerroSens helps to fight iron deficiency, the world's most common nutritional deficiency.
Vision & Trends
NON-INVASIVE DETECTION OF LEAD POISONING
VEGETARIAN & VEGAN DIETS
FIDSCREEN IN SPORTS CLUBS
FIDSCREEN IN PHARMACIES
Worldwide, 500,000,000 children suffer from iron deficiency.
In China 32.5 % of all children between 7 months and 7 years are iron deficient.
Iron deficiency in childhood impairs the cognitive development and leads to a lower IQ. Iron deficiency also weakens the immune system.
ID can be easily treated, however most persons affected are unaware of their need for iron. This is because no suitable screening test is available, as all existing methods require a blood withdrawal and laboratory processing.
FIDscreen is a medical device for the detection of zinc protoporphyrin (ZnPP), a molecule associated with iron deficiency. FIDscreen is based on an optical method, fluorescence spectroscopy, and an elaborate data evaluation to obtain a quantitative measurement of ZnPP. The measurement is performed on the lower lip of an individual and takes about one minute.
Improves medical care for patients
Speeds up diagnostic routine
Takes anxiety from children’s parents
Is more convenient and comfortable for patients
- Physicist, PhD at Ludwigs-Maximilians-Universität, Munich / GER (summa cum laude)
- 12 years working experience in optical laser methods
- Experience in clinical studies, medical device approval
- Medical doctor, 10 years head of a University diagnostic laboratory, University Mainz / GER
- 20+ years experience in medical marketing and various managerial roles at IVD companies (Beckman Coulter, Philips)
- Co-founder of Curetis NV: from inception to IPO
- Physicist, PhD at Klinikum der Universität München, Munich / GER (summa cum laude)
- In charge of product development since 2011
- Extensive technical knowledge (hardware, software) in combination with medical background
- Bachelors degree in biology and chemistry and doctorate from the University of Nijmegen/Netherlands
- 30 years of experience as senior executive in building international markets
- Product marketing and sales management roles at Pharmacia Biotech, Abbott Diagnostics, Sigma Aldrich, QIAGEN, Operon Biotech and Greiner Diagnostics
Working at the highest level
with our clients
Prof. Berthold Koletzko
Prof. Patrick Meybohm
Prof. Jan Hastka
Phone: +49 89 4400-74867
Fax: +49 89 4400-74864