FerroSens offers a method to screen for iron deficiency at the point of care, which is
After several years of extensive research and development, clinical studies on close to 1.000 participants showed the high reliability and accuracy of the newly developed non-invasive measurement technique. This was the right time for the foundation of FerroSens GmbH, who launched FIDscreen, the first non-invasive point-of-care testing device fulfilling the WHO’s requirements.
FIDscreen enables wide-spread screening for iron deficiency through its simple and fast non-invasive method without the need for blood withdrawal. In this way, FerroSens helps to fight iron deficiency, the world's most common nutritional deficiency.
Development of an inexpensive, portable, reliable instrument to measure the iron parameter Zinc Protoporphyrin (ZnPP).
*WHO. Food Nutr Bull 2007; 28:S621-S627
Worldwide, 500,000,000 children suffer from iron deficiency.
In China 32.5 % of all children between 7 months and 7 years are iron deficient.
Iron deficiency in childhood impairs the cognitive development and leads to a lower IQ. Iron deficiency also weakens the immune system.
ID can be easily treated, however most persons affected are unaware of their need for iron. This is because no suitable screening test is available, as all existing methods require a blood withdrawal and laboratory processing.
FIDscreen is a medical device for the detection of zinc protoporphyrin (ZnPP), an established marker for iron deficiency. FIDscreen is based on an optical method, fluorescence spectroscopy and an elaborate data evaluation to obtain a quantitative measurement of ZnPP. The measurement is performed on the lower lip of an individual and takes about one minute.
Improves medical care for patients
Speeds up diagnostic routine
Takes anxiety from children’s parents
Is more convenient and comfortable for patients
- Physicist, PhD at Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität, Munich (summa cum laude)
- 12 years working experience in optical laser methods
- Experience in clinical studies, medical device approval
- Physicist, BSc at Ludwig-Maximilians-University, Munich
- Expert for product development and production engineering
- 10 years experience in entrepreneurship and networking
- Physicist, PhD at Ludwig-Maximilians-University, Munich (magna cum laude)
- Over 3 years of experience in managing and building industry cooperations
- Strong background in research, product testing and qualification
Vision & Trends
NON-INVASIVE DETECTION OF LEAD POISONING
VEGETARIAN & VEGAN DIETS
FIDSCREEN IN SPORTS CLUBS
FIDSCREEN IN PHARMACIES
Working at the highest level
with our clients
Prof. Berthold Koletzko
Prof. Patrick Meybohm
Prof. Jan Hastka
Phone: +49 89 4400-74867
Fax: +49 89 4400-74864